Translate

dimanche 2 juin 2013

How I got rid of my acne and my new aim

Hi Lovelies,

During my teenage, I never had one single pimple. I had whiteheads, a greasy T zone but no pimple, no acne. But at the very beginning of my twenties, I started having acne!! And I think it is worse having acne after 20 that before 20 because adult acne is hard to cure. Plus, I have an ethnic skin, it means that these f* pimples let me terrible scars. 
After some research on the internet, I found out that AHA and BHA are excellent ingredients to cure acne. I purchased pure glycolic acid and mixed it to my night creme. I first started with only 7 %. After a month, I raised at 10 %. After 2 months, I finally was able to use a 15% glycolic acid based cream.
The first 4 months were horrible. My face was breaking out, but it was a normal reaction. Actually, glycolic acid deep cleanse the skin. So pimples, whiteheads, blackheads will come out. You shouldn't panic, just wait that this "purge" finishes.
From the 6th month, I had less pimples, no more whiteheads and blackheads. My complexion was radiant. Of course, I still had scars but they were less noticeable. 
I used AHA in combination with BHA (Aspirin mask) and Retin A (Retinoid) during 4 years. Seriously, I neved had such a beautiful skin. These wonderful ingredients helped me with acne, scars, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation,... But stupidly I stopped using them. 
I don't even know the reason why I stopped using them... Well, I know, AHA creams taste sour (not that I was eating my creams, but you know it can be annoying...) and my skin became sensitive to sun.

Now after 2 years without AHA, BHA, Retin A, I decided to go back to them. There are many reasons for this decision :
- I still have some whiteheads and occasional pimples
- These pimples let me scars
- I have hyperpigmentation around my mouth and on my forehead
- At 27 I am having wrinkles
- I have a very dehydrated skin

Yes, I know I have such a terrible skin. But I am convinced that my new routine will improve my skin because before using AHA stuffs my skin was much horrible. Today I "just" have a combination skin with some occasional pimples, some scars and few hyperpigmentation. Before AHA, I had severe acne, lots of scars, hyperpigmentation on my whole face, a very dull complexion,... I really hope I can find some good photographs in order you'd be able to compare my old and my current skin. But for sure, in my next post I will upload my current pictures because I want you to see the evolution of my skin in the next 12 months.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire