Translate

mardi 18 juin 2013

How To Apply Glycolic Acid Peel At Home

Hello Lovelies, 


First and foremost, you need to know that having glycolic acid peel is risky. You need to know that it is an acid so it may burn your skin if your skin is too sensitive or if the percentage of the peel is too high. This is the reason why I strongly recommend you to start with 15 % and never to go beyond 30 % at home. If you want to have a 40 % (and above) glycolic acid peel go to your dermatologist!!  

I am telling you again, having a glycolic acid peel is risky!! Personnally, I think it's better to start with a 8 % AHA cream. After 3 months of use, when your skin can tolerate AHA, you can have a peel.

On my blog, I am just giving you advice and usefull information.  If something goes wrong  for you, I am not responsible of it. 

Make some researches on the internet and then if you are confident enough you can have a light peel. And slowly you can increase the percentage of the peel, but never go beyond 30 % at home. But, I am telling you again, when you decice to have a peel, you do it at your own risk!! 


So here are the steps to have a glycolic acid peel at home. 

1) Prepare the peel : I know some companies sell chemical peel sets like MUAC ready to use but I recently purchased glycolic acid from Garden of Wisdom and I am going to use it. Their glycolic acid is 70 % pure. I want a 30 % peel. So I mix 1 tablespoon of glycolic acid with 1 tablespoon of water. Then I add a few more drops of water to have a 30 % peel.

2) Prepare the neutralizer : I mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 5 tablespoon of water

3) Apply the peel with a brush (from the forehead to the chin)

4) Wait 2 - 3 minutes (never wait more than 5 minutes)

5) Soak some cotton balls into the neutralizer and start to remove the peel.

6) Wash your face with a soap free cleanser

7) Moisturize well your skin (with argan oil or any good neutral moisturizer)



For practicle examples, please watch some of these videos on youtube : 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=glycolic+acid+peel&oq=glycolic+acid+peel&gs_l=youtube.3..0l2.52.3522.0.4059.16.9.0.5.5.0.556.3511.0j2j0j2j2j3.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.LtqI6rI1dNk




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire